In June, UCA was awarded a prestigious Silver award for teaching excellence, demonstrating consistent improvement across all measures year on year. Evidence for the award constituted three year average data between 13/14 and 15/16 on teaching, assessment, retention and graduate employment.
The rating indicate ‘high levels of student satisfaction’ with teaching on the course, assessment and feedback, academic support and employment/further study. The following key strengths were highlighted by the TEF panel:
- high levels of personalised learning, demonstrating a provider-wide approach to creative pedagogy with emphasis on the development of student independence
- consistent and highly valued employer engagement in curriculum development, resulting in the embedding of enterprise and professional practice skills in all courses
- course design and assessment practices that provide scope for high levels of stretch, reinforced by a successful partnership with the Students’ Union and the enhanced use of student feedback
- high levels of commitment to personalised learning resulting from the consistent use of an extensive range of support practices, including investment in retention projects and access to the ‘Gateway’ service
- an implemented institutional culture that facilitates, recognises and rewards excellent teaching, with staff engagement in their own creative practice which is viewed as important to student learning
- high quality physical and digital resources are used by students to enhance learning.
Huge congratulations to all staff whose hard work and dedication made this achievement possible!