- What is myUCA?
- I am unable to log into myUCA
- My password isn’t working, what should I do?
- Can I access myUCA from home?
- Can I access myUCA with a MAC?
- How can I see who is enrolled on my unit, course or community?
- Can I enrol my students to the correct unit?
- How can I be enrolled on a course or unit?
- I cannot see any units
- What’s the difference between the Course area and the Unit area?
- Why are some images not visible in myUCA’s learning spaces?
- How can I check if students are using the course or unit areas?
myUCA is the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE) and student portal where students will find everything related to their course and supporting resources – including a gateway into the library, student services and career information.
Are you a new staff member or sessional staff?
New Permanent Staff – You will need a ucreative network account first which has to be requested by your line manager. New members of staff need to be given access to myUCA. This is normally done by HR informing the Learning Technologists to add them to the system. However, there may an exception to the rule – if this is the case and your ucreative username and password does not give you access to myUCA, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to get access.
New Sessional/Temporary Staff – You will need a UCA network account to access myUCA, this account is requested by your line manager, who will need to complete an IT Request Form:
You will receive a Welcome to myUCA email once you have a UCA network account; you can use the Staff Self-Enrolment Form to gain access to myUCA’s course areas and units you will be supporting.
- Your web browser may remember your old password – especially if you told the browser to remember it. Therefore, always ensure you use your current password to access myUCA
- Make sure you do not have CAPS lock selected and that you enter your username in lowercase
- It could also be that your password has expired
- You may have forgotten your password
If you have forgotten your password or it has expired, please contact the Computer Helpdesk at:
internal ext. 8799
direct dial: (01634) 888799
Yes. All you need is a web browser and access to the Internet. Go to http://myuca.ucreative.ac.uk and enter your UCA username and password as normal.
Yes you can. Your Mac will need access to the Internet and you will need a web browser installed such as Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
- Select the unit/course/community on which you wish to find out who is enrolled
- Scroll down to the ‘Course Management’ tools
- Click on ‘Users and Groups’ and then click ‘Users’
- On this page you can search to see who is enrolled. Because everyone is enrolled to myUCA using their ucreative email addresses you can choose to search by ‘Email’ and ‘Contains’ (these options are available as menus)
- Then type ‘ucreative’ and click on ‘Go’
- You will then be presented with a list of users that have been enrolled to the unit, course or community
NB: If any of your students are not enrolled to your unit and you would like them to be, please DO NOT ENROL STUDENTS YOURSELF, see the FAQ below for an explanation. Alternatively, please contact email@example.com.
No you can’t. Campus Registry has strict control of all student enrolments to myUCA via an auto-feed from the Students Information System (SITS).
The correct process to rectify any students not enrolled (or enrolled to the wrong course/unit) is to contact your Campus Registry, who will then enrol the student through SITS, which in turn will automatically update myUCA.
You can use the Staff Self-Enrolment Form to gain access to myUCA’s course areas and units you will be supporting. You will need a UCA network account first.
If you cannot see any units or courses in myUCA, this will usually mean you are not enrolled on any. Go to the Staff Self-Enrolment Form where you can select which courses and units you require access to. Once done, you can begin communicating with your students and uploading materials and resources.
The course area on myUCA is a central place where all students from all years (or stages) can access. Content in this area should contain the following:
– Programme Specification
– Course Handbook
– Course Resources (pdfs & weblinks)
– Course Team Details
– Unit Feedback (for all units studied)
The unit area on myUCA only deals with content specific to the unit.
NOTE: All FE courses (and some PG courses) also include the units in the course area.
The myUCA server can only process a certain amount of information at a given time, and if there are numerous students uploading large files simultaneously some files may not upload successfully. Asking students to compress their images prior to uploading using 72ppi allows images to load much more quickly and can resolve the problem of images not appearing.
A further solution is to ask your Learning Technologist to add a maximum file-size limit to the unit. This enables you to specify the size of file that can be uploaded.
Go to the Control Panel > Performance Dashboard, this will bring a table up listing all the students, the date they last accessed the course, how many days ago it was and their participation levels with the content.
Please contact ITserviceDesk@ucreative.ac.uk if you cannot find the information you require.
Still have a question about myUCA?
Contact your Learning Technologist – firstname.lastname@example.org